Monday, March 24, 2014

IHSW check-in

This past weekend was International Hermitting and Stitching Weekend. I was able to get the first baby blanket of the year off the needles and I couldn't be happier.  This blanket is for a close friend who had a little girl. She wanted bright colors that were almost beachy in theme.

Beachy Baby Blanket
Caron Simply Soft, 2 strands, size 10 needles
32" x 36"
I really like how it came out. I would like to make a few others in this pattern. From a stash perspective, I finished 6 skiens of yarn with this blanket so it made a dent in my stash for sure this month.

I also spent a little bit of time on the Dream catcher that I have been working on and FINALLY took a progress pic. From previous posts, I was here:

As of 3/23/2014, I have made the following progress:
Dream Catcher Lap blanket redesign
14 ct. AIDA, called for DMC floss
3/23/2014 progress

I have put this one away for now as I was getting bored. I am about a third done with this pattern and it was going rather quickly. The plan for the weekdays this week is to finish the stitching for a Christmas ornament or 2.  I also cast on for another baby blanket for couple who just adopted a beautiful little girl.

This weekend I also picked up my sewing machines from their service appointment. I took both of them in on the 3/15 as I knew I was going out of town. They were completed in just under a week and were returned on Saturday. My DH then took me out for lunch and a quick stroll through Jo-Ann Fabrics. They had a sale and we needed to pick up fabric for a gift for his mother. He bought some wonderful fabric so that I do not need to count it towards my Stitch from my Stash budget. I tried to tell him I had room but he told me to but something I wanted with my budget. He really is too sweet to me. 

Happy stitching this week everyone!

No comments: