Monday, April 21, 2014

IHSW recap

This past weekend was International Hermitting and Stitching Weekend where one can sign up to hermit with some projects to dedicate set time to getting them done. I focused on 2 projects this weekend. The first being the Winter Mandala by Ink Circles. I put my first stitch in on Friday night and by Sunday evening, this was my progress:
Winter Mandala - Ink Circles
16ct. White AIDA
Called for DMC
I also worked on a Table runner that will be a gift for my mother-in-law. My dear husband picked out the fabric so I spent a lot of saturday determining the design and size of things. I completed piecing together the entire top and intend to quilt it sometime this weekend.

Eagle Table Runner
Progress 4/20/2014

Eagle Table runner, close up of fabric choices.

All in all it was a very productive weekend. My dear husband is going to his cousin's wedding out of town this weekend and I am taking those days off to have a crafting Marathon. Hopefully it will be a productive marathon.

Happy Stitching everyone!


2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Very nice quilt top design and great progress on your Ink Circles piece. How nice for you to get a weekend to focus on your crafts. I do the same when my DH travels without me. It doesn't happen often but I do so enjoy it when he does.

The Maiden said...

I am so excited for your new stitchy start!