Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Knitting and Local store find

Awhile back I went to a local yarn store and bought some skeins/hanks of yarn that until recently I had totally forgot about. As I have been working through my stash inventory project, I found the purchases and wanted to share them with you all!


I do have a plan for most of them:
Top skien - Green and blue variegated sock yarn which I am going to use to attempt my first pair of knit socks
3 balls on the left of a beautiful washable wool - Scarf for me (they are my favorite colors :))
6 smaller balls in the top right - Scarf for an aunt who loves that color pallet
3 skiens in the front - going to attempt a lacy scarf with one to see how it works...otherwise combine them into other projects

They were all purchased at Lambikin's Hideaway. It is one of the yarn shops taking part in the I-75 yarn crawl on August 8-10. I found a few more yarn stores around this time a few months ago and made a few purchases. As I find those items in my stash, I will share them on this blog.

I also completed another dishrag:
Knit Dishrag
Pattern design - Me
Craftways Cotton yarn

As for cross stitching and other projects:

Birth announcement : I am about 2 hours away from completing the cross stitch portion. I plan on taking a picture tonight and posting again here in a few days.

Baby Blanket: My sister-in-law chose a color palette for the new baby's room and I cast on the beginning of the blanket. I will post when I do the first color change in a few hours of work.

All in all, it was a productive week. Happy stitching everyone!

No comments: