Monday, July 8, 2013

A finish, Progress, TUSAL, and a few other random things!

I figured an update is long overdue considering I was on a "stay cation" last week over the 4th of July holiday here in the US. My grandmother is in town so I didn't spend the whole time stitching but I did spend a good bit of time on things.

First thing first...I made it past the halfway point on the Butterfly cushion I am making for said grandmother. Here is where I was when I last updated:


And as of 7/6/2013, I have made it past halfway:

Butterfly Cushion
DMC Floss 3 X 2
28ct. Linen
I did have to take it off the hoop as my grandmother will be spending more time at my house this week and I do not want her to see it.

So I started and finished something else:
Heart - Brigitte DaDaux.com
Threadworx color 1005 "Cherries"
30 ct. Lugana 2x2

It was very easy and quite fun to stitch. I also started a new birth announcement kit for a niece that is on the way:

There wasn't really amy part of the stitching to show as it was only 33 stitches last night but I will be working fast and furious on this until it is complete.

I also spent some time working on some unfinished sewing projects as well. I started making quilted coasters and am moving right along
4 coaster set
Moda "Sassy" charm square pack
Finally, I have my TUSAL progress:



The majority of the threads from this month are from the butterfly cushion and the ends from the quilted coasters. :) You can see other's progress at Daffycat's Blog.

Happy Stitching everyone !!


3 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

The butterfly looks fantastic! Congrats on finishing the heart. I'm following another blogger who is stitching that baby design on a quilt.

Sara said...

I love the butterfly you're working on, who is the designer?

Dr. Dolphin said...

The designer of the butterfly is Felicity Hall. Thank you both so much for your kind words,