Wednesday, February 22, 2017

First Feb Finish!

Since my emergency surgery, I have been sleeping a lot which is an unfortunate side effect of the blood loss I had. I say unfortunate in that it has severely limited my stitching time this month. That being said, I am coming along like gang busters now as things are getting slowly back to normal.

I have my first 2 finishes for February:
1.) Celtic Twizzle by Liz Almond from Just Cross Stitch's Marcc/April 2012 Issue. I used the called for DMC and a scrap piece of evenweave from my stash in 32ct.

2.) I also finished one of the Freebies from my retreat in January: The Theme of the Retreat was April in Paris leaning heavily on Red as the accent color. I decided to change it to Blue as I LOVE blue and that is the color of the Eifel Tower in the finish below. It is 2 over 1 on 25ct. scrap even weave.
From my stitch from my stash - These will help my budget.

Otherwise, I am working on a gender neutral baby blanket for a friend who is pregnant. She wants to be surprised so I am knitting another one in a beige and cream color variety.

More to come in the next few days.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Melinda Forbes said...

You Paris is so cute. I like blue too! Love your Celtic piece. The colors are beautiful