Monday, January 26, 2015

30 days of "Starts" - Final Check in

I have come to the end of my 30 Days of "Starts" in honor of Debbie Faris Bryant (SoCal Debbie). Many members of Blog Land are taking part in the Crazy January Challenge where they start some new cross stitch every day for 30 days starting January 1. I knew that I had a work trip planned for later this week so I wanted to start my 30 days on Christmas this year. I was also was allowing myself to work on WIPs in any crafting genre that I take part in whether it be Knitting, Crochet, Cross Stitch, and/or quilting.

1/13: Snowman w/sleigh - again from the Herrschners kit.
Snowman w/sleigh
Herrschners Ornament Kit
1/14: Snowman w/Dog - again from the Herrschners kit.
Snowman w/dog
Herrschners Ornament Kit
1/15: Dish Rag - Block #6 - Pointed Arrow
Pointed Arrow Block - Lily's Sugar and Cream Yarn
1/16: "99" by Ink Circles - I realized late in the game the pictures I took of this one disappeared from the first day so I only have a progress pic from last night. That means this is progress from about 7 days...not just one. This one is for my DH's man cave so I am trying to get it dome sometime this year.
99 - Ink Circles
Called for DMC on Cream Linen

1/17: Bear Ornament - This is great traveling stitching. I got 5 of these small kits a few years ago and am finally taking the time to stitch them. The Bear is first and he is going to be Cute. The finishing on this one will be interesting as I need to make it into a 3D tube. (insert face palm here) I will make sure to take pictures as I finish them.
Bear ornament - Dimensions Kit
1/18 : NOEL ornament Finish - This one needed a few cross stitches and all of the back stitch. I think it came out Amazing!
NOEL ornament
Scrap Piece of fabric
My choice in DMC floss
1/19: Purple Zig Zag Quilt Blocks - It started with the table runner and now I want nothing but to make more quilts in this pattern. I started making a quilt with white strips paired with a purple/blue Batik jelly roll from my stash. The pattern is sitting on top of some of the block below.
Purple Zig Zag Quilt blocks
I also have all the strips sewn together. Some are waiting to be ironed before they can be cut.
Rest of the Strips
1/20: Binding for Barcelona Quilt - This should have been completed so long ago but at least I am making some progress on it. I used white thread to sew the binding together because I didn't even pay attention when I started and I didn't feel like tearing it out as it won't be seen.

Barcelona Quilt Binding
1/21: Apron - Fabric Cut for an apron for myself.  The muslin on top is what I used as a template.
Apron Fabric cut
1/22: Dishrag - Block #7 - King's Crown
King's Crown - Lily's Sugar and Cream Yarn
1/23: Dish Rag - Block # 8 - Bachelor's Puzzle

Bachelor's Puzzle - Lily's Sugar and Cream Yarn
1/24 (and Final): Batik Squares Cut and Ironed: I gave my male cousin who just graduated from college a choice of a quilt or cash as a present and he chose a QUILT!!! I couldn't believe it but I am really happy. I cut some of the below fabric from scraps and some came from layer cake pieces I had left over from a project a while back.

Batik Squares - AB's Quilt.

Well here are my Thirty Days complete. I am going to post a later this week for some finishes etc.
Happy stitching everyone!













2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh I love all your new starts and projects you worked on. Thank you for joining me in this challenge.

Linda

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Amazing!! Take a moment and be proud of your productivity and accomplishment :D