Friday, June 27, 2014

Stich from my Stash! (i.e. The bank is broken)

Thankfully...we are allowed one month off of the Stitch from my Stash rules because I broke the bank this month. If you remember from my traveling stash addition posts (1 and 2) from my trip to Gatlinburg, I picked up yarn, fabric, and cross stitch items. To follow Debbie's lead I will use the $ to sum it all up.

Carryover: $85.89
June budget: $75.00
Amount Spent: $$$$
Total Carryover to July: $0.00

Gatlinburg:

  • Mountain Stitches by Sue - $$$
  • Zoe's Quilts - $
  • Smokey Mountain Spinnery - $$
  • The Needlework Cottage - $$$
  • CrossThreads Needlework - $

Since I knew I already was not following the program for this month, I allowed my dear mother-in-law to enable my stash addiction further. Go big or go home right? We visited some Local stores in the Cinncinnati/Dayton Area to support our addiction and the local small craft stores. I didn't take pictures of everything but here are a few:

  • Fabric Shack - $$$: I bought some patterns to use up some of the fabric that I have recently purchased. (and a little fabric too.) I saw the "Button Up" and "Touchdown" patterns on Cluck Cluck Sew's Blog so I had to buy them when I saw them. I also bought some "Art Gallery" fabric yardage.


Quilt Patterns from the Fabric Shack

Art Gallery Yardage
  • Kathryn's Web - $$: I bought a few Hanks of yarn that were too beautiful to pass up. This is where my MIL is a huge enabler. She is also a knitter and I learned a lot of Technique from her. She loves to see me knit beautiful things. The two bright blue hanks were sock yarn with which I am going to make a scarf. The two larger different hanks are called Irish Linen by Tracey Schuh. The color ways were too beautiful to ignore.
Irish Linen and some sock yarn
  • Wooly Bully Yarn Company - $ (the only reason it wasn't larger is my MIL bought most of it): I don't have pictures to show of the yarn as it is all for gifts and someone who is receiving one may read this blog. :)


New Starts: Nothing - I spent too much time shopping and traveling

UFOs and WIPs worked on: Dreamcatcher, Prayer shawl (seed stitch wrap)

Completed Items: Curtains for my niece

I will try to post later today when I determine what my goals are for the upcoming month with regards to all my crafts. I realized just now that I never posted progress on my May Goals (EEK)

Happy Stitching Everyone!


No comments: