Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Stitch From Stash January 2014

I joined a group of 129 other bloggers to only stitch from me stash, with a budget of $25 USD a month. from more information check out this link for the page hosted by Mel L from Epic Stitching or click the button on my side bar. I decided that I had more stash then I knew what to do with in all aspects of my crafting life so I am holding to the budget for everything including cross stitching, knitting, crocheting, and quilting. Mel L wants us to use the following format to report our spending.

Your Name: Katie @ Thoughts from the Stitchy Side
Amount Spend: $22.43
New Starts from Stash: Autumn Mandala, Knit Socks.
WIPs or UFOs worked on: The Lady and the Flag, Table runner for my Mom, Blanket for my brother
Finishes from Stash: Summer House Stitche Works ornament, yarn wrapped heart for my front door, coasters (seen below)
Month of Entry: January 2014

The coasters are for my brother who has a huge media room to watch football in and who is a huge OSU fan.

Keeping to the budget was not very hard. I bought a color assortment of Glutermann(sp?) thread at Joann's - 50% off coupon, 1 yd of Minnesota fabric (while in Minnesota) - 40% coupon, and a 5 color fat quarter bundle - 40% off coupon.

Let's see if that holds for later this year.

Happy stitching everyone!

2 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

The coasters are great! Your brother will love them. Good for you for staying under budget. I'm in the Stitch from Stash group too. I was tempted to buy some things "for the future" but resisted, so this group has already saved me money!

Lonneke said...

The coasters look great.
And staying within budget, way to go!