Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Birthday Weekend Recap

This past Sunday was my birthday :) When my husband asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday, I told him nothing major except start a few new projects as a present to myself.

On Friday, I just worked on existing projects like the summer mandala and the blanket for my brother. Saturday, I started a Disney Kit - Pinocchio - Thomas Kinkade. It was the first time that I attempted grid ding for a project as it is heavy confetti. There will be more about that one in a future post. I also started a Cowl for an aunt. Sunday (the actually birthday) I started a new ornament out of the Just Cross Stitch 2013 Ornament issue and a new Dishrag. As I type these all out, I realize that I didn't take pictures of any of these :(.

What I did take pictures of was the stash addition that I received from my dear mother and father in law for my birthday.


The above is a picture of KnitPicks Galileo yarn in the following colors: Luminous, Gem, and Lunar. I plan on knitting a Cowl for me. That is unheard of because I never make things for myself these days.

She also included the above KnitPicks Palette yarn as a part of my gift: Shoal, Hare Heather, Peapod, Eggplant, and Safflower. My dear mother in law has always fed my yarn addiction as she is a knitter as well. I am so excited to get my fingers into projects on these too.

The gift from my husband was also in support of my crafting: A light for near my sewing machine. I have been after an Ott-lite ever since I got one near my stitching seat downstairs. The one he bought me can be found at this link. He also got me a magnifier for helping to thread needles and save my eyes.

Hopefully I will have time to take pictures and show my meager starts.

Happy stitching everyone!



No comments: