Friday, September 9, 2016

Quilt Top #6 - Allegiance

I had a quilt weekend in mid - August with my Aunt who has recently picked up quilting. I was able to complete a Kit I picked up from a local Quilt Show I am calling Allegiance.

2016 quilt top #6 - Allegiance
Overall I am happy with how it came out. I started the weekend using my Aunt's sewing machine and made a rookie mistake. I didn't check that what she told me was a quarter inch really was that and it was really three-eighths of an inch. It makes a huge difference on the start blocks, etc. Thankfully there was enough blue fabric in the kit, I could bridge the borders, etc to make it work.

The weekend overall was a great success. My Aunt learned a lot and I made sure to bring my machine the next day to make sure I was comfortable and to increase our output.

More to Come. Happy Stitching Everyone!

No comments: