Friday, June 17, 2016

Footballs even in the offseason...Quilting is always in season!

I love sports and so does my husband. He is also super supportive of all my craft adventures. As such I thought he deserved something nice from his wife. I decided a Quilt for him to cuddle with while watching sports was the best next step. Hence the Footballs Quilt (pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew).
I changed the pattern by using solid sashing that was 5" wide on the horizontal and vertical in a gold batik with 5" cornerstones in maroon batik. Those are the colors of the University of Minnesota which is where I was going to school when I met my husband and are his favorite college team.

The next quilts are for my niece and nephew. I made dolly quilts for my niece and then they proceeded to tell me they were cold and wanted their own blankets too. :)

Happy stitching everyone

No comments: