Monday, November 30, 2015

An Early Christmas Gift

So every year I make my grandmother something hand made for her birthday and Christmas. Most of the time the gifts are combined as they are both in the month of December. Last year I made her a Quilt and a shawl. This year it was a little smaller in that I made her a tote bag and a key fob. To be honest, I was panicking this year. I had this great plan for a tote bag and an infinity scarf but time totally got away from me. Here is the tote bag.
 Americana tote bag back

Americana Tote bag front

Americana tote bag internal  - 2 pocket side
Americana tote bag internal - 3 pocket side.
This is the first bag I have made myself and I am quite proud. The pattern I used was the Twister tote by Around the Bobbin. This was the easy tote secondary pattern. I will try the twister one of these days. I used some fabrics I had in my stash. The cream was a random fat quarter. The solid navy was left over from the plus sign quilt. The 2 batik's were from a shopping excursion some time last year to the Fabric Shack in Waynesville, OH. I love that store.

Happy stitching everyone!

No comments: